Friday, December 3, 2010

food, design and wine fair


the thought / foundation for the Ceramic Matters stand were:



• the ritual of eating • the ritual of celebration • the sense of occasion •
• design • fantasy • Christmas • gifts • food •
• a little fun • a little social comment •


~ rolled up ceramic plates - my favorite on our stand ~

a carnival of festive playfulness

~ ceramic cup cake lid ~
old burlesque / vaudeville images
freak show, tattoo, skilled animals, harlequin

 
~ the mighty gun ~
~ color and pattern ~
~ ceramic cup cake containers – an inebriated "connoisseur" asked what flavour they were  . . . ~ 

Alice in Wonderland; talking animals, disproportionate scale, curiouser and curiouser . . .

~ "enough already with the training . . . "! ~

Alice "I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir,
because I'm not myself you see".

~ "one for you and two for me" bowl . . . ~
~ ceramic "boot vase" . . . a patron at the fair (with glass of wine in hand)
asked if she could try on a size 14 on . . . -
sure, if your name is Cinderella ~


Alice "It would be so nice if something made sense for a change".

all the above designed and manufactured by Ceramic Matters - more photos in the next post

~ link ~
______________________________________________________________

No comments: