It has been a long time. Clementina encouraged me to enter fragments from my journal - to backtrack a little. The big projects we are completing now, were initiated in 2009. Some aspects of the work proved to be very challenging, but worth it.
|The cylinders - suspended on stainless steel cables - form a screen between a lounge and dining area.|
- Monday, 15 June 2009. Completed the15 page tender document - an achievement in itself! Four days (Friday afternoon to Monday afternoon) to get tax clearance, do technical drawings, work out moulds, costs, terms and more. The tender, bound and delivered, by 16h00 to the SAA offices.
- August 2009. We are awarded the contract!
- 13 October 2009. We receive order confirmation and start working for delivery 3 Dec 2009. So much work and so little time!
- Mid October 2009. Designer Stephen Falcke give us “artistic license” to design a wall – within his brief of “Black & White, 60s’, retro” - for a new hotel to be completed in February 2010. The chief buyer for the Conran Shop visits us and is very excited about some of the work in the studio. Anticipating the completion of the SAA screen by 3rd December, we start thinking and working on design proposals. More info on this in another post.
- October 2009. We make Prototypes in Plaster of Paris and/or Silicone Rubber. The client approves and signs off each model.